This is a great work-from-home opportunity!
We are a fast-growing and exciting US-Based Financial Company paired with a Software Start-Up. We are looking for a freelance Senior Accountant, who has experience with US clients and has leadership skills to pioneer our growing team.
About the Role
As a Senior Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day bookkeeping operations of client accounts. You’ll make a positive impact by directly helping dozens of interesting small businesses gain clarity in their finances so that they can continue to grow and thrive.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of business clients which requires you to perform complex clean-ups for incoming clients, review monthly books, supervise a bookkeeping team, perform year-end review, and communicate with clients in writing and in face-to face Zoom calls.
What You Need to Succeed in the Role:
As a Senior Accountant, you are expected to be highly knowledgeable in accounting including bookkeeping, financial reporting, financial analysis, clean-up, auditing, and process improvement.
You are comfortable working with technology. You know QBO and can train other bookkeepers in its use. You are able to quickly learn financial platforms as needed..
Customer Service and Communication Skills
You are efficient in addressing the needs of our clients and communicating with them whenever necessary. You understand the importance of communicating critical information with your team members.
Leadership and Collaboration Skills
You take ownership of your work but you also know how to work with others. You are accountable but also know when to delegate and when to share responsibilities. You see the potential in your team and want to support their successes.
Character and Integrity
You value excellence and has a growth mindset. You are a self-starter, a problem solver and have the internal drive to get things done.
- Graduate of Accounting Degree with at least 5 years experience
- Certified Quickbooks Proadvisor, preferably Advanced
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Accounting
- Basic knowledge of Personal and Business Taxation
- Ability to research issues on IRS website as-needed
- Fluency in English
- Fast, stable internet connection
- Private, undisturbed work environment. You will be accessing confidential financial information and will be required to participate in client meetings.
Why Join Us:
- Work at the comfort of your home (or anywhere with internet access)
- Flexible work schedule (4 Hours Flexitime/ 4 Hours EST)
- Dynamic and friendly team
- Leadership opportunities
- No tax filing
- Long term, full-time position- We want you to grow with us!
- We create impact on the success of small business owners , their families and their employees.
Pay and Other Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Internet Allowance
- Health benefits after trial period
- 2 weeks PTO after trial period
- Company provides equipment and software licenses
- Paid training
About CurioVision Financial
We are the only firm in the US that specializes in retail bridal shops, which means that we have a dedicated client base as well as methods tailored to our industry. We work in QBO.
Our mission is to put the accounting services and tools of BIG business in the hands of SMALL shops to enable better, faster decisions that improve the lives of business owners, their families, and employees.
Our clients are loyal and appreciative of our targeted support - this is what makes accounting fun! We get to see the impact of the work we do. Here are a few quotes from our clients:
“You literally saved my life…”
“Working with you was pivotal in reclaiming financial control in my business and life.”
See more on our testimonials page.
- Support clients in building businesses and lives they love living
- Support employees in building careers and lives they love living
- Balance flexibility and freedom with shared responsibility;
Everyone plays a role in our collective success.
- Solve problems proactively and humbly
- Always aim for excellence, knowing we can constantly improve.
- Welcome healthy debates and diverse views
- Communicate openly, honestly and directly
Our Recruitment Process
- Screening of Video Recording, Written Response and CV
- Recorded Initial Interview with HR via Zoom
- Paid trial including skills test
- Second or Final Round Interview with CEO & CTO
- Reference check and background check